I've been to Ikea so many times, and since it's a 2.5 hour drive for me I've learned to prepare as much as I can to get the most out of my trip.
The very first thing I do is measure everything and anything in the house that I'm considering a purchase for.
- Window heights and widths
- Depths from wall to blinds for rod brackets...I've made this mistake before :(
Furniture, rugs, etc.?
- Room dimensions
- Closet depths and dimensions
- Available space for cabinets, dressers, anything you might be even just be considering...
So in short, here is my go-to list for what I bring:
- My own measuring tape, just easier to use than the free ribbon tape they provide
- A list of projects and ideas I have
- Printed out shopping list from Ikea.com